President’s Notes, March 2022
Dear TiE DC Friends,
I feel so honored to be given the opportunity to serve as TiE DC’s President for 2022. TiE is the largest global network of entrepreneurs, with 15,000 members in 62 chapters across 14 countries. To be the President of one of its chapters is truly humbling!
I am very excited to follow in the footsteps of the extraordinary leaders who have served as TiE DC’s Presidents over the last several years and especially Past President Sundi Natarajan who is now elected to the TiE Global Board. Heartiest congratulations Sundi!
We owe a huge thanks to the 2021 Board of Directors, an exceptional group of leaders, who despite the pandemic, worked hard to make the year a success. 2021 surpassed past years in sponsorships, memberships, and ranking among the TiE Global Chapters! A heartfelt thanks also to all our sponsors. You are the lifeline which keeps us going. We value your support!
President Elect Sumeet Shrivastava and I welcome the 2022 fellow Board of Directors (listed below), including Raji Bejwada, who was newly elected to the Board, is a former executive from the DOD and is Founder/CEO of JCS Solutions. On behalf of the board, I would like to especially thank two industry stalwarts who are making time to serve on our board this year. Stephanie Mango – President of CGI Federal – a highly respected thought leader and founding member of Chief Washington DC, and Jean Stack – Managing Director at Baird – a preeminent M&A guru with an unparalleled Midas touch! We are lucky to have them join us.
- TiE Connect – Membership networking events featuring significant speakers.
- Leadership Cohorts: CM mixers to help leaders network, get support and mentorship.
- Start-Up Workshops to help grow and scale startups.
- TiE DC GovCon – TiE DC’s flagship event that brings together U.S. Federal Govt. Agencies, CTOs, CIOs, Large/Small GovCon Contractors, and Entrepreneurs. The tremendous success of our GovCon has now attracted global attention.
- TiE DC Angels – Focused on nurturing startups and connecting entrepreneurs/investors. In 2021, 25+ investors attended pitches and invested $600k+ in 2 companies, Modern Matter & Oxiwear.
- The Young Entrepreneur (TYE) – 8-week boot camp coaching high schoolers in entrepreneurship is on its 11th year! TiE DCs 2021 top team, Asteria, won 1st prize in the TiE Global competition!
- TiE University – Mentors/coaches Grads in pitching their business plans. 2021 saw participation from 104 Students (44 teams from 17 Universities) and $25K+ in awards distributed to participating teams
- TiE Holiday Gala (Covid willing!)
I request all of you to please consider volunteering to serve on any of our committees. New volunteers bring fresh ideas which will help keep TiE moving forward and continually improving.