TiE DC and SBA is jointly hosting SBA Clinic as part of TiE DC Capital GovCon 2022.
SBA team members will be available at the event to meet the small business community to clarify and answer any questions related to 8(a), Hubzone, WOSB, MPP programs as well as any pending applications, queries related to the same.
Limited Spots are available. 1-1 appointments with SBA team members are available on Nov 15th and Nov 16th on a first come first served basis to registrants who have Registered for the TiE DC Capital GovCon Event AND Registered for the SBA Clinic.
This is open to all small businesses – Women Owned, Minority Owned, Hubzone, 8(a), Veteran owned.
This is an unique opportunity to meet SBA team members 1-1 to clarify any questions related to 8(a), WOSB, Hubzone, MPP programs or any pending application or query related to the same. SBA intends to clarify and resolve queries “on the spot” including any pending approvals (provided all the necessary information and documentation is met as per SBA guidelines and norms)
Please follow the two step process.
- Register for the TiE DC Capital GovCon 2022 as an attendee for Nov 15th or Nov 16th or Both the days. AND
- Fill in the SBA Clinic – Registration information and indicate a day of preference for you to meet SBA team 1-1. Deadline to fill in by Nov 09th 2022.
Wait for the confirmation of the appointment from the TiE DC team for next steps.
When & Where
TiE DC Capital GovCon 2022 – Nov 15th and 16th (In-person)
Hilton, 7920 Jones Branch Road, McLean, VA
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. My small business applied on e-certify for either 8(a) certification or Hubzone or MPP or WOSB. Can I register for the SBA clinic?
Absolutely. Yes. All small businesses can register for the SBA Clinic. If you hav a pending application you can share the details to have a 1-1 appointment with SBA team to clarify the query and/or any other questions you may have.
2. My small business applied a few months back for 8(a) certification and there is a pending query from SBA. I have responded to the query. Now Im waiting for the next steps? Can I register for the SBA clinic to meet the SBA team to see what else in pending for my application?
Absolutely. Yes. Any small business that has a pending 8(a) application & seeks to clarify or resolve an open query, can apply for the SBA clinic and seek guidance and support from the SBA team and/or provide the necessary information to resolve the open query.
For that matter any small businesses that has a pending Hubzone application / MPP application / WOSB application can apply for the SBA clinic to seek clarification.
3. Can I just attend the SBA clinic and not the TiE DC Capital GovCon 2022 event?
Only registered attendees to TiE DC Capital GovCon 2022 event will be allowed to attend the SBA Clinic (upon filling in the questionnaire). Please follow the two step process as outlined above.
4. How many members can meet with the SBA Team?
Due to limitations of space and logistics, One member from each registered small business can meet with the SBA Team. We request the small business owner, applicant or an executive who can represent the small business to come for the SBA Clinic 1-1 meeting with the SBA Team.
5. What is the deadline to apply for the SBA Clinic?
The deadline to apply for the SBA clinic is Nov 9th 2022. We have limited slots for the 1-1 meetings at the SBA clinic on first come first served basis. It is advised to register as early as possible to secure your spot as we will be filling in the appointments on a rolling basis.
6. I applied for the SBA clinic and Im unable to register for the TiE DC Capital Govcon 2022 event as the event is sold out? Can I still attend the SBA clinic?
Unfortunately, only registered attendees to TiE DC Capital Govcon 2022 event will be allowed to attend the SBA clinic. No exceptions.
7. Would SBA be providing the approval letters on the spot? (provided all the documentation and requirements are met as per SBA rules and regulations)
Last year at the TiE DC GovCon 2021, small businesses that met all the requirements and documentation clarifications were awarded “On the Spot” approvals by the SBA team.
8. How do I register for TiE DC Capital GovCon 2022?
9. How do I register for the SBA clinic?
10. Is there a separate registration for both TiE DC Capital GovCon 2022 and SBA clinic?
Yes. Please refer to FAQ No 8 and No 9 above