About The Young Entrepreneurs Program:
The TiE DC chapter is pleased to organize the TYE boot camp. TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) is a global program dedicated to developing future generations of entrepreneurs and industry leaders by teaching high school students the rewards and challenges of becoming an entrepreneur. TYE is an “Entrepreneurship Academy,” where student teams utilize modern skills and tools to build a concept using customer feedback, iteration, and preliminary business models.
Each TiE DC Young Entrepreneur will have the opportunity to:
- Build a real startup with a team
- Participate in a rigorous business curriculum proven over 10+ years
- Develop confidence and leadership skills
- Learn directly from startup founders and industry experts
- Collaborate with other students passionate about STEAM
- Connect with a dedicated mentors who will coach their team
- Participate in professional development workshops that focuses on networking, professional correspondence, interviewing skills, etc.
- Compete for the opportunity to represent DC at the TYE Global Competition and the winning team may further explore seed funding through this program
Who should apply?
Any 9th -12th grade student interested in entrepreneurship, STEAM or business may apply to participate!
Program Dates (all meetings begin at 10am):
Attendance is mandatory for all classes and competition.
- Feb 13 Saturday: 4 hour sessions (30 min common time with parents, 3.5 hours of group activities)
- Feb 20 Saturday: 3 hours (2 hour synchronous and 1 hour teamwork))
- Feb 27 Saturday: 3 hours (2 hour synchronous and 1 hour teamwork)
- March 6 Saturday: 3 hours (2 hour synchronous and 1 hour teamwork)
- No class: March 13 (SAT)
- March 20 Saturday: 3 hours (2 hour synchronous and 1 hour teamwork)
- April 3 Saturday : Mock presentation with Feedback
- April 10 Saturday: First round of competition (3 top team chosen)
- April 18 Sunday: Progress report (3 top teams)
- April 25 Sunday: Final competition (all are required to attend)
TYE is a boot camp running on eight Saturdays/Sundays between February 13 and April 18, 2021, culminating in a business plan competition on Sunday, April 25, 2021. The winning team goes on to compete in the TYE Global Business Competition in TBD, dates in June/July TBD. TYE features lectures by industry experts and entrepreneurs followed by interactive discussion.
TYE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION FEES: $500*
*Fees will be due upon admission of the student into the TYE program. Fees are non-refundable (in partial or in full) under any circumstances.
Admitted students can accept and reserve their program spot by clicking "Register" above and paying the program fee.
Please enter parental information into the Buyer info and Student information into the Attendee information.