About The Young Entrepreneurs Program:
Organizers are excited to announce this year’s return of the TYE Boot Camp 2022! However, this year, we are doing things a little differently to ensure that we are giving students the best chance to develop their business ideas. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, this boot camp will be held in a hybrid format.
TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) is a global educational program dedicated to developing future generations of entrepreneurs and industry leaders by teaching high school students the rewards and challenges of becoming an entrepreneur. TYE is an “Entrepreneurship Academy,” where student teams utilize skills and tools to build a concept such as a customer feedback, iteration, and MVP in the context of a business model.
Each TiE DC Young Entrepreneur will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in a rigorous curriculum proven over 10+ years and delivered by founders, entrepreneurs, and successful industry experts.
- Build a startup as a part of a team, with guidance from mentors, while collaborating with other students who are from diverse backgrounds.
- Develop confidence and leadership skills.
- Compete for the opportunity to represent the DC chapter at the TYE Global Competition and the winning team may further explore seed funding through this program.
- Connect with mentors (experts and former student participants) who will coach your team.
- Participate as TiE DC member for a year for professional development opportunities.
Who should apply?
Open to any 9th -12th grade student interested in entrepreneurship, STEAM or business may apply to participate!
TYE Boot camp is an educational program that meets from February 12 to April 30, 2022, culminating in a business plan competition on Saturday, May 14, 2022. The winning team goes on to compete in the TYE Global Business Competition in June 2022 (exact date and mode to be announced later). TYE lectures feature experts & entrepreneurs, followed by interactive discussions every session. Attendance is mandatory to earn a “Certificate of Completion.” The meeting format is listed below:
TYE Program participation fees: $500*
Volunteer Opportunity to Support the TYE Boot Camp: If you have participated in TYE Boot Camp Program for the last two years and would like to support this year’s class participants, please send us an email at [email protected]
Program Dates: Dates and time (Saturday except one)
Attendance is mandatory for all classes and the competition.
In-Person Immersive Exercises:
- Saturday, February 12, 2022 | 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Sunday, February 13, 2022 | 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- A late lunch will be provided at this meeting.
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 | 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Saturday, April 2, 2022 | 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Saturday, April 30, 2022 | 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Saturday, May 14, 2022 | 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Saturday, February 26, 2022 |10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Saturday, March 5, 2022 |10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- March 6 to May 14 (In Consultation with Instructors)
LINK TO APPLY: https://forms.gle/HNHseSyD2qBQMFVF9
Program Applications close on Thursday at 5:00 PM on January 27, 2022. Please enter parental information into the Buyer info and Student information into the Attendee information.
The 2022 Boot Camp program will be capped at 30 students. Student applications will be reviewed the week of January 28 to February 4, 2022. All applicants will receive an email advising of their acceptance status, shortly thereafter.
Thank you to the 2022 TYE Boot Camp Sponsors:
TYE Boot camp is an educational program that meets from February 12 to April 30, 2022, culminating in a business plan competition on Saturday, May 14, 2022. The winning team goes on to compete in the TYE Global Business Competition in June 2022 (exact date and mode to be announced later). TYE lectures feature experts & entrepreneurs, followed by interactive discussions every session. Attendance is mandatory to earn a “Certificate of Completion”.
TYE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION FEES: $500*
*Fees will be due upon admission of the student into the TYE program. Fees are non-refundable (in part or in full) under any circumstances.
Students can accept and reserve their program spot by clicking “Register” above and paying the program fee.