Capital GovCon 2021 and the ELITE Awards was a huge success. We look forward to seeing you at next year's GovCon Conference.
About GovCon 2021
TiE DC Capital GovCon 2021 brings together over 300 small business owners and professionals. TiE DC is a not-for-profit that fosters entrepreneurship. With a global reach and a local focus, the heart of TiE efforts lies in its five foundational programs – Mentoring, Networking, Education, Funding, and Incubation.
The event will feature government & industry leaders leading significant digital transformation efforts across their respective agencies.
October 27-29, 2021, 8:00 am EST to 5:00 pm EST
Speakers at GovCon 2021
Day 1 (3 pm to 8 pm EDT)
Meet and Learn from US Federal CIOs, CTOs on opportunities and emerging trends in GovCon followed by an industry and government leaders recognition program.
Day 2 (8 am to 6 pm EDT)
Bringing Innovation into the Capital Beltway
Innovative products & solutions in Cybersecurity, Health IT, Hybrid/Cloud, IT modernization as well as evolving technologies around Blockchain, Deep & Machine Learning, AI/AR.
Day 3 (8 am to 6 pm EDT)
Growing and Scaling Small Businesses and Emerging trends in the US Government
Catch up with the evolving trends in procurement, contracting, and other avenues to collaborate and do business with the US government. Entrepreneurs who have successfully grown, scaled, and exited their businesses as well as options for funding and scaling the growth.
Capital GovCon Highlights
Capital ELITE Awards
Celebrating E-xcellence in L-eadership, I-nnovation, T-echnology and E-ntrepreneurship in the government contracting community.
Congratulations to this year’s Capital ELITE Awards recipients!
Robert Brown, Chief Technology Officer, US Citizenship and Immigration Services
Barbara LoPresti, Chief, Decennial Information Technology Division, US Census Bureau
Kathryn Wetherby, Deputy Director, Marketplace IT Group, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
The TiE DC Capital ELITE Awards recognize Excellence in Leadership, Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship. This year, TiE DC honored three (3) government and three (3) industry executives that epitomize the virtues of this award. An independent jury evaluated and ranked each nomination, so TiE DC can duly recognize the achievements of executives in the government and government contracting community that have made a significant impact to the industry in the last 12 months.
Nominations for next year’s 2022 ELITE Awards opens in September. View the required application fields and download a Mock Nomination.
- The nominee should be either a federal government executive or an executive in a federal government contracting firm. Three finalists will be selected from each category of executives, for a total of six awards.
- There are no minimum or maximum limits on company size or revenue.
- While the nominees do not have to be C-Suite members, they should have been the key decision maker for the project where they exhibited ELITE qualities.
- Please provide details about the actions taken by the nominee as well as their impact on the result of a project/initiative, to justify their nomination.
- Wherever possible, provide data to support claims.
- Scoring will be based on the candidate’s combined demonstration of excellence in the four attributes of ELITE – Leadership, Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship.
- Current TiE DC Board members, their organizations and employees are not eligible for these awards.
- TiE DC GovCon 2021 sponsors and their employees are also not eligible for Capital ELITE Awards.
Guidelines to Attend the Event
Use of face covers/masks to be mandatory
Attendees will be prompted to upload a copy of their immunization record.
TiE DC Capital GovCon 2021 will be a limited capacity, safe event following global best practices and all applicable guidelines.
DoubleTree Tysons Corner, 1960 Chain Bridge Road,
Date and Time
Oct 27, 2021, 03:00 PM (America/New_York)
Registration is now closed and only online virtual registration is available. Charter and members are free, non-members can join TiE DC for an annual one year membership of $200.00 and to receive virtual access.
- Day 1 CXO Roundtable (Add-on)
- TiE Charter Member: Free
- TiE Member: $250
- Non-member: $500
- No on-site registration will be available
- Day 2-3 only (Main Conference)
- TiE Charter Member: Free (no on-site registration will be available)
- TiE Member: $75/$100/
$125*(no on-site registration will be available)
- Non-member: $175/$200/
$225* (no on-site registration will be available)
*Rates are listed as: Early-bird rate thru Sept 30/Regular Rate/
Special offer to Join TiE DC and Attend Day 2-3: $225/$250/$275 (savings of $50)
Note to TiE members – Please use the email associated with your membership to register.