President’s Notes, January 2020
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Dear TiE DC Friends:
- Plan events that are truly relevant to the TiE DC community
- Focus on enhancing women entrepreneurship
- Match up Start-up entrepreneurs and investors through our TiE DC Angels meetups
- Deliver an at-scale Emerging Tech/Cyber day
- Scale-up our marquee GovCon event from last year that attracted over 300 attendees
- Implement a more sustainable model for hosting the 8-week training and competition for The Young Entrepreneur (TYE) program that has been one of our highly acclaimed initiatives.
- Charter Member Power Lunches – TiE DC Angel Investing
- TiE Tuesdays – Authors, Speakers, Mentors, Business Education
- Emerging Technologies / Cyber Day Conference
- Celebrating Success of Women Entrepreneurs
- TYE Bootcamp – Mentoring & Preparing the Next Generation
- TiE BiggieBills Strategy Workshop
- TiE Capital GovCon and CXO Meetup
- TiE DC President’s Barbecue
- TiE DC Golf
- TiE Holiday Gala – December
MEET AND GREET WITH THE AMBASSADOR
TiE DC was thrilled to host a Farewell luncheon for His Excellency, The Ambassador of India, Mr. Harsh Vardhan Shringla. The event was held on January 3rd at The Capital Grille. CLICK HERE to view a photo album of the event on Facebook.
MEMBER MIXER WITH AUTHOR, JOHN HILLEN
Our January Member Mixter featured Guest Speaker, John Hillen. John is the author of “What Happens Now?: Reinvent Yourself as a Leader Before Your Business Outruns You”. More than 50 members and guests attended this event held at Sapphire in Tysons. CLICK HERE to view a photo album of the event on Facebook.
TiE YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS (TYE) PROGRAM KICKOFF
|TYE is a global program dedicated to fostering future generations of industry leaders by teaching high school students the rewards and challenges of becoming an entrepreneur. TYE is an “Entrepreneurship Academy,” where student teams utilize modern skills and tools to build a concept using customer feedback, iteration, and lightweight business models.
On January 11, TiE DC kicked off our 2020 program with 23 students. The program integrates classroom sessions, mentoring, and competitions. Teams will compete at the chapter level and the winners have the opportunity to compete at TYE Global Finals. The Final Results will be announced at an Awards Ceremony on April 25. Best of luck to all of our students!
2020 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Congratulations to our newly elected board members. These members will serve for a one-year period from January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
TiE DC COMMITTEES
|Below please find a list of TiE DC’s current committees and the member that will lead each.
Annual Gala Committee: Pallabi Saboo
CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS
Save the date for the events below! Registration is live for many of the events — register today!
|February 6, 12 noon: Webinar: TiE Global: Investing in India in 2020, Presented by Dr. Shyam Prasad Katipalli, First Secretary, Income Tax Overseas Unit & Commerce, Officer at the Embassy of India in Washington, DC – Moderated by Ravi Pulli TiE DC Board Member Free for all to attend – No Registration required.
Link to attend the webinar – https://zoom.us/j/208492892
February 18, 12-1pm: Webinar: Immigration, Mobility, & H-1B VisasSponsored by: Chugh
February 27, 11:30am-2:00pm: TiE Angel Meeting & Power Lunch
March 17, 12-1pm: Webinar: Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Sponsored by: Aristi Technologies
July 2-5, 2020: TiE Global Almaty Charter Member Retreat
|Events soon to be announced!|
|TiE Tuesday — Future of Work
Emerging Tech / Cyber Day
Celebrating Women 2020
TiE DC GovCon 2020